Superannuation (or ‘super’) is money set aside while you’re working to support your financial needs in retirement. Your super is invested in a range of assets to help grow your balance so you can have the best possible retirement outcome.
In Australia, it’s no secret that superannuation is one of the biggest investment options most people make in their lifetime. And yet, do you know where your super is, what it’s invested in, and how it can be used to help you create your dream financial future?
Life can get in the way of even the best-laid financial plans, so ensuring your super is optimised for your unique financial situation often falls to the bottom of the priority list. We often think it’s a future problem – after all, it will be a long time until you can access it.
However, the best time to make sure your super is performing and in the right place, is now! With the power of compounding returns, you don’t want to wait until it’s too late to make a difference.
We are here to take that pressure off your shoulders. With an expert superannuation advisor to call on, you’ll never have to worry about your super again.
As financial and wealth management experts, we provide superannuation advice and services that help you make the most of this key element of your financial plan. Not only that, but our implementation team will do the hard work for you, so you can just reap the rewards.
We will make sure your super is consolidated into a appropriate portfolio, with investments allocated according to your goals and risk profile, and ensure your super contributions are optimised to achieve the best tax and retirement outcomes for you.
Why Should I Merge My Super Funds?
If you’re anything like the average person, it’s likely you have accumulated more than one super fund in your working life. In fact, when moving house or changing jobs, it’s easy to lose track of your super when it is divided into more than one fund.
Our Financial Planner will assist you with:
- Thoroughly researching your current super fund and how it can benefit you
- Find any lost super you may have
- Consolidate your super into one account
- Review your existing fund
- Secure your financial future for retirement
- Set up a self-managed super fund (SMSF) if applicable
At Strategic Wealth Planners, we empower you to step forward in your financial journey with the confidence that comes from knowing your financial future is secure. Super if a significant part of your overall financial plan and is very powerful in creating your dream retirement.
Here are some of the retirement planning strategies we may help you explore, depending on your individual situation:
- Salary sacrifice: Making pre-tax contributions through salary sacrifice provides the dual benefit of reducing your taxable income and maximising your super contributions.
- Contribution splitting: For couples where there is a considerable difference in earnings, there can be a significant tax benefit in diverting extra super contributions to the lower-paid partner’s account.
- Transition to Retirement (TTR): Depending on your cashflow requirement and the tax benefits of converting your super to a pension, we can address a TTR strategy to enhance both your lifestyle as well as your net returns from your retirement fund.